Sunday, December 5, 2010

What's the matter, you dissentious rogues...

...That rubbing the poor itch of your opinion,
Make yourselves scabs?" (I.i.150-152) 


So excited to learn that Ralph Fiennes will be directing a version of my favorite Shakespeare play involving an uncanny prefiguring of John McCain's political career. I Also excited to learn that the cast includes Brian Cox, the greatest Shakespearean actor to ever play a Vermont State Trooper. Additionally, I understand that it is being shot in Belgrade, Serbia. That should be a terribly interesting and relevant setting for the play, and this idea has been done before with great success. I am really going to make a push with the powers that be to get this to the Modern in Fort Worth. The release date is currently 2/28, so hopefully we will have a Spring of Shakespeare. In the meantime, I will be re-watching my favorite Cox and Fiennes roles, particularly Adaptation and Spider. With that said, I must go now and  leave quoting the anti-hero himself, "There is a world elsewhere."

No comments: