Friday, March 26, 2010

What a Whirlwind This World Can Be

Apologies for the hiatus dear readers. I've been a little distracted of late. Important announcement though: I will be sporadically contributing to a new blog project created by my longtime friend, former bandmate, and upcoming doctor, Drew Snyder. It is called http://andrewsarts.org/ and is a spinoff from his gallery in San Diego. I hope that you will check it out.


Meanwhile, I dug this post out of the "unpublished" section and thought that it looked better than I had originally thought. So without further ado, here is my hungover holiday post from the first week of 2010 (I really like the diluvian imagery and am wondering where that came from...)


What a Whirlwind this World Can Be


As I sit in an addled state having just returned from one of the craziest months of my life, I can’t help but think that no matter how I resist the onslaught of debauchery ushered in by the holidays, I always seem to succumb to the deluge that ensues upon visits home. This year I thought it might be different. I thought that I might, for once, not end up in a bar on Christmas, muttering obscene jokes and chasing love-relics of the past. I thought that I could enter the New Year in good physical and spiritual health, not in a fit of febrile vomiting induced by two straight weeks of sinful living. I thought that maybe, I could do something constructive and not destructive in the winter months.Yet, considering and reflecting on all of this in my weakened health, I must say that in the reckless flood that perennially overwhelms, there exists a beautiful effervescence that will continue to shine after my eventual recovery.

1 comment:

Zeeshan said...

"love-relics?" - WIN